Part-Time Child Care Teacher
The Recreation Department manages a full range of recreational and special activities for youth, adults and seniors. The department also schedules activities and rentals of buildings, picnic areas, sports fields and tennis courts.
Under general supervision of the Recreation Supervisor and Community Services Coordinator, this position assists in and conducts a variety of youth recreation activities in a licensed childcare center. These positions are part-time and assigned up to 20-25 hours per week. Hours include regularly scheduled shifts and on-call/substitute shiftsESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (DUTIES)
Duties and Responsibilities:
Typical job duties are:
- Active supervision of children in childcare;
- Support the implementation of education activities and recreational activities that promote physical, mental, and social development.
- Work directly with children in class activities and projects; plan age-appropriate activities and adhere to established schedule; ensure health and safety of children; prepare snacks; maintain program records.
- Foster a safe and stimulating environment for children;
- Assist in the orientation, training and direction of personnel; provide feedback for staff evaluations, perform related duties of Coordinator in the Coordinator’s absence; implement and enforce established policies and rules.
- Cordially assisting the public who have questions and inquiries;
- Presenting and maintaining a professional appearance and demeanor, including wearing appropriate attire for the position and exhibiting respect and enthusiasm as duties and responsibilities are carried out.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of a variety of youth development;
- Knowledge of applicable regulations and rules related to the preschool and/or child care;
- Knowledge of youth activities;
- Knowledge and command of all of the latest safety standards and information related to supervision of children;
- Ability to plan, organize, conduct and supervise a preschool and/or child care program.
- Ability to demonstrate good customer service and staff relations;
- Ability maintain physical and mental capacities appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities;
- Professional work habits including reliability, dependability, creativity and demonstration of enthusiasm; and
- Standard office practices and procedures, including record keeping, basic mathematics, and job-related computer applications.
- Ability to work varying shifts, including evenings, weekdays and weekends.
Experience and Education:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 12 core semester units in early childhood education/development semester units AND 6 months experience in a licensed child care center or comparable group child care program OR alternative combinations of education/experience as approved by Community Care Licensing.
- CPR/First Aid Certified.
- Must be at least 18 years old;
- Appropriate clearance from background check/finger printing.
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
How to ApplyTo apply, please visit the Government Jobs portal at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/elcerrito
34 total views, 1 today