Full-Time Site Supervisor
To be responsible for assisting with hiring, supervising and training of all on-site child care teachers, assistant teachers, aides, and other childcare staff; to follow YWCA plan of work items including following and ensuring the budget is maintained and enrollment figures are accurate and enrollment files are done correctly; to ensure all federal, state, county, child care licensing rules and regulations, California Educational Program Standards, and YWCA rules and regulations are followed; to plan, prepare and teach an Early Childcare classroom, at least for half the day, by implementing weekly lesson plans that meet ECER and DRDP requirements; and to work with parents and children to offer a well-rounded childcare program that supports parents and children, by offering programs that eliminate racism, empower women, and makes family members aware of community programs.
- To assist with hiring, train and supervise child care teachers, associate teachers, aides, and sub staff by meeting with staff weekly to ensure that YWCA goals and childcare objectives are accomplished; conducting quarterly work conferences, and a year end work review; hold monthly staff meetings and an orientation session for all new staff; to ensure that all staff take part in monthly training sessions and maintain appropriate teacher credentialing; and have staff attend outside training sessions offered at local universities or by other child care agencies, always maintaining state requirements for child care teaching staff credentials.
- To plan and implement YWCA of Contra Costa/Sacramento goals and objectives and action steps yearly, ensuring that the State of California Department of Education guidelines, especially ECER and DRDP requirements, and Department of Agriculture guidelines are met and the Center is in compliance with all standards; to ensure that the yearly operating budget balances by maintaining enrollment figures and ensuring all files ae 100% accurate (if responsible for files) and by monitoring staff-to-child ratios sending staff home if ratios are low; and ensuring weekly lesson plans meet monthly themes and parent conferences are completed on time, along with child DRDP assessments.
- To ensure all Federal, State, County Child Care Licensing, State of California Program Standards and YWCA policies, rules and regulations are followed, ensuring the center passes licensing inspection by 100%, State of California Program Standards by 100%, Department of Agriculture Food requirements and YWCA Peer Review Program Standards by 100%, always ensuring the Center is operating in a safe and efficient manner making child safety a number- one priority.
- To prepare and teach an Early Childcare classroom, at least half the day, by implementing weekly lesson plans based on ECER and DRDPs standards, monthly themes and kindergarten readiness skills that include an anti-bias curriculum and incorporate activities such as, but not limited to, active dramatic play, arts and crafts, music, games, science, storytelling, and manipulative play, that reinforces the cognitive, physical, social/emotional, multicultural, linguistic and creative growth of each child; ensuring each child makes progress from one level to the next by DRDP’s measurements and that DRDPs are completed within 60 days of the child being enrolled in the program.
- To become actively involved in promoting and conducting YWCA programs at your childcare center for families, parents and children that will eliminate racism, empower women and provide parents with education about community programs by conducting monthly parent meetings that meet ECER standards and YWCA objectives; and make the community aware of YWCA programs by talking to other agencies about YWCA programs.
- Professionally prepared with previous experience of at least one year as a Site Supervisor; be able to hire, train and supervise childcare staff, experience operating a Center program by offering new and varied programs, experience balancing the budget, and experience in being actively involved in community programs.
- Must have AA or 60 units (with 24 ECE units) including core child care classes, six administration units, plus two units in adult supervision and four years of working in a child care center with children two to five years old with 500 hours of supervising adults as a Site Supervisor.
- Have a valid California driver’s license that is covered by YWCA liability insurance and a reliable form of transportation for daily use that can be used for traveling in order to conduct YWCA business and submit to a Child Abuse Index, fingerprints and DMV clearance check.
- Have a working telephone in order to be contacted at home in case of an emergency and be willing to work on weekends, if needed, and at least once a month and in the evening at least two or three times a month.
- Passes physical exam, TB test including tests for alcohol and drugs prior to or soon after the start date of employment and be willing to take a regular alcohol or drug test during employment, must be able lift 30 pounds from the floor to a waist high table, 10 to 15 times daily, able to reach a child 20-30 feet away within 30 seconds without danger to your health, able to crouch to the floor from the ground, sit on the floor and stand tall enough to reach the highest piece of equipment one foot over your head; and stand for 30 or more minutes at a time for periods of time throughout the day; essential job functions of this position include periodic lifting, frequent sitting-walking standing; use of fine-hand manipulation and simple grasping in daily performance of tasks and re-occurring use of hands and eyes in the use of computerized equipment.
How to ApplyTo Apply: Send Resume and Cover letter to Program Director, Tonya Dean to firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions, call 925-759-3768.
38 total views, 5 today