The nonprofit COCOKIDS serves the needs of children, families, early educators, businesses and communities. COCOKIDS is the trusted organization you count on for successfully proven initiatives and a wide range of free and low cost programs and services so parents can work and children are ready for success in school and life.
To champion and advance quality child care and early education.
Our Key Services
Through offices in Richmond, Concord and Antioch, COCOKIDS provides services to improve the lives of thousands of children, families and early educators:
- Free child care referrals for all families
- Parent education and resources, including links to other community services
- Financial assistance to at-risk and low-income working families so disadvantaged children can have access to child care and preschool education
- Child safety, health and nutrition education
- Provider training and support to help child care professionals build sustainable businesses and to provide quality, healthy and age-appropriate care
- Public education about the importance of a child’s early years of growth and development, and the need to invest in children for our future
Since 1976, COCOKIDS (formerly the Contra Costa Child Care Council) has positively touched lives and communities. These are our core values:
- COCOKIDS respects, values, and supports every individual’s contributions, is committed to teamwork, and promotes a healthy work/life balance. We are committed to building and encouraging an educated, compassionate team of child care experts to further our mission.
- We believe every child is entitled to be safe and healthy, nurtured, educated, and afforded the opportunity to perform to his or her greatest potential.
- We respect every child’s family and culture. We promise that our community can depend on CocoKids to respect, value and support the parents and child care professionals of all children.
COCOKIDS’ experts educate and support parents, care providers and policymakers to ensure responsible, healthy and safe, high-quality child care and early education for all families in our community.