The nonprofit Contra Costa Child Care Council is in the business of ensuring that Contra Costa’s children are nurtured, healthy and achieve their full potential. As the only child care resource and referral agency serving all of Contra Costa, the Council is at the center of the child care delivery system. Through a wide range of free and low cost services and programs, it partners with parents, child care providers, businesses, and the community to promote quality care and early education so that children are ready for school and parents can work.
Contra Costa County’s children are nurtured, healthy and achieve their full potential.
To provide leadership to promote and advance quality care and early education.
Through a variety of initiatives, programs and services, the Child Care Council partners with:
- Parents – to strengthen families
- Care Providers – to build a system of quality care and early education that respects parents as primary caregivers and teachers, values diversity and encourages children to make positive life choices
- Community – to broaden the base of support for children, families and quality care and early education
Through community-based offices in Richmond, Concord and Antioch, the Child Care Council provides services to support children, families and early educators:
- Free child care referrals
- Parent education and resources to help families make the best child care choices
- Financial assistance to low-income working families to make quality child care services more accessible
- Child health, nutrition and safety education
- Child care provider training and development to help them build sustainable businesses and to provide quality, healthy, and age-appropriate care
- Public education and advocacy
Since 1976, the Child Care Council has served children, families and diverse communities with the goal of improving children’s lives. These are our core values:
- We believe every child is entitled to be safe, healthy and nurtured, and afforded the opportunity to reach his or her full potential.
- We respect every child’s family and culture.
- We believe a healthy community supports and builds successful families.
- We believe the best thing society can do for children is to invest in and support their parents and caregivers.
- We respect and value the work of child care providers.
- We believe that to successfully serve all Contra Costa families, our Board of Directors and staff must reflect the language, ethnic and cultural diversity of those families.
- We believe in creating a work environment that promotes teamwork and mutual support.
- We respect and value the Child Care Council Team of Board members, employees, volunteers and community partners, and support one another in achieving the organization’s mission.