Live Scan Background and Fingerprinting Check
Live Scan electronic fingerprinting allows for faster processing of background checks, and is clean and highly accurate. As of July 1, 2005, the Department of Justice only accepts Live Scan fingerprinting.
Once your application has been accepted by Community Care Licensing (CCL), you will receive a notice in the mail that will include your new “Facility Identification” number. Then you can download and complete the LIC 9163 – Request for Live Scan Service form or request the form from the Bay Area Regional CCL Office at 510-622-2602.
You must provide your facility number when you complete the Live Scan background check. If you complete your Live Scan background check without your facility number, CCL will reject it and you will have to repeat it.
Step 1: Call 1-800-315-4507 for information and to schedule an appointment.
- You will need a separate appointment for each person living in your home over the age of 18 years.
- Tell them you are applying for a “Family Child Care Home License” and that your ORI code is “CCLD A0448.”
- You will be asked for the information on the “Request for Live Scan Service” form when you make each appointment.
Step 2: Keep the appointment – arrive on time.
- Take the completed “Request for Live Scan Service” form with you to the appointment.
- Take a current photo identification such as a driver’s license, or state identification card.
- Be prepared to pay for this service. More information about fees and locations is available on the Community Care Licensing website.
“Trustline” Criminal Background Checks
“Trustline” is the California Registry of in-home child care providers who have passed a background check screening. All providers listed with Trustline have been cleared through a fingerprint check of records at the California Department of Justice. This means that they have no disqualifying criminal convictions or substantiated child-abuse reports in California.
It’s Easy to Use
Parents can check if a “nanny” or baby-sitter is registered on Trustline by calling 1-800-822-8490 and giving the person’s full name, driver’s license number or other approved identification. If your current provider or the person you are interviewing is not registered, just call Trustline’s 800 number to learn how they can apply.