BEGINNING JANUARY 1, 2015
CHANGES WENT INTO EFFECT ON JANUARY 1, 2015 AND MUST BE ADHERED TO BY ALL FAMILY CHILD CARE PROGRAMS
- CARBON MONOXIDE DETECTOR REQUIRED – Every family child care facility should have a functioning carbon monoxide detector. (Some homes will be required to have two detectors based on size and/or layout.) Your licensing analyst will be checking for the presence of the detectors during their inspections.
- NO SMOKING IN A FAMILY CHILD CARE HOME without regard to whether the act occurs during hours of business operation.
- AN INCREASE IN THE AMOUNT OF CIVIL PENALTIES that may be imposed by Community Care Licensing for a violation that results in the death of, or serious bodily injury or physical injury to, a client.
- NOTIFICATION TO PARENTS THAT THE FAMILY CHILD CARE HOME MAINTAINS LIABILITY INSURANCE – you are now required to inform parents if you carry liability insurance. If you do not carry liability insurance, you must continue to have parents fill out the form LIC 282 AFFIDAVIT REGARDING LIABILITY INSURANCE FOR FAMILY CHILD CARE and then place it in every child’s file.
- PUBLIC DISCLOSURE BY THE DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL SERVICES (COMMUNITY CARE LICENSING) TO POST LICENSING INFORMATION ON ITS WEBSITE FOR EACH FAMILY CHILD CARE HOME – This information shall include, but is not limited to, the name of the home, the status of the license, and the number of site visits, including the number of citations, substantiated and inconclusive complaint inspections, and noncompliant inspections during the preceding 5 year period.
If you have any questions, please contact Toni Robertson at the Contra Costa Child Care Council at [email protected] or (925) 676-5442 ext.3102.