Food Program Benefits & Services
- Monthly reimbursements for meals served to day care children helps off-set the cost of providing healthy meals that meet USDA nutrition guidelines
- A Child Health and Nutrition Specialist will visit your home to provide nutrition, health and safety, and physical activity education materials and activities for the children in your care
- The Nutrition Edition newsletter, sent to your home monthly, features current information on infant and child nutrition, recipes, health and safety articles, and fun activities to do with your children
- Our resource library offers general nutrition books, videos, health and safety materials. child and adult cookbooks, children’s books, and nutrition education materials and acvitivies.
- Annual workshops provide new information and diverse experiences as well as opportunities to network with other child care providers and community members.
- Providers and parents can reach out to the Nutrition Department with nutrition or early childhood questions.